The CapTech Difference
CapTech was formed as the result of a friendship between the company's founders, Sandy Williamson and Slaughter Fitz-Hugh, that began while both were employed at Andersen Consulting in Washington, D.C. Both Richmond, Va. natives desired to return to their hometown to pursue a healthy work-life balance. In 1997, they created CapTech, a firm that would provide high quality consulting services while still maintaining that balance. This is the foundation of CapTech's culture, and what differentiates us from the competition.
CapTech has been successful from the very start, with an average annual growth of 15%. This success has enabled CapTech to replicate our business model in additional geographic markets, including Reston, Va., Charlotte, N.C., and Philadelphia, Pa.
Some of the other factors that set us apart include:
- Our culture is really important to us—no matter how big we get
- We make every effort to keep CapTechers who are at client sites connected to the company. Some of the ways we accomplish this are by hosting picnics at Busch Gardens, holiday parties, sporting events, semi-monthly lunches with our principals, and company-wide quarterly meetings
- We provide company-wide communications on CapTech initiatives and targets so no one is left in the dark on where CapTech is going
Training and Certifications
- CapTech encourages participation in our ongoing training opportunities
- We encourage our employees to align their career paths with their interests; we believe interest breeds success
- We support the pursuit of training and certifications that align with our core competencies
- From day one, all CapTechers are given the opportunity to take ownership of strategic work that stretches their skills and capabilities
- Our founders and executive management team members are active and easily accessible, and take a real interest in every CapTecher's career